So it begins...
"ABC Affiliates Pull Private Ryan"
Why do I feel like weeping?
Yep, that just about say's it all. Except I wouldn't call it "Jesusland", I'd call it The United Sates of Hypocrites"
The Bright Side
It has been suggested by more than one of the ungracious from the winning side, that we Democrats and Independents should suck it up and get over it already. "Your side lost" they say, American has spoken, live with it. One can't help but wonder, were the tables turned, would they be so complacent? Would they slink off into the dark alley they so wish to assign us to? I think not. They would be gathering in their foxholes planning their next move. Their motto would be "we may have lost this battle but the war has only just begun". They would be preparing to see that Democrats did not enjoy one moment of resting on their laurels, or of spending "gained political capital"
. Much as they did during the Clinton years.
They would be imbicelic to expect anything less of us. They should know, we will not go quietly into that good night. On that note I offer this little memo found over at Amy's. I couldn't have said it better myself.
***********'Looking on the Bright Side '**************
1. We didn’t really like Kerry* anyway.
2. It's a lot easier to hate a president than defend one.
3. Bush & Co. fucked up Iraq; let them fix it.
4. Our taxes will stay low.
5. We now have a good shot at a really spectacular second-term scandal.
6. Teresa is crazy.**
7. Young people didn’t vote, so fuck ‘em: Run up the deficit and let them spend the rest of their lives pouring money into a social security system that will collapse around their lazy, apathetic asses.
8. It’s not like the rest of the world can hate us any more than they already do.
9. Let the right-wing, religious nut bigots keep the small towns. We'll take Manhattan, and Chicago, and L.A.!!
10. Hillary 2008!***
* Some of us actually did come to like and respect him.
** Crazy is relative. It would have been nice to have a first lady who wasn't a Stepford Wife for a change. I would have loved to watch Teresa take on those religious right wing bigots.
*** They're going to have to come up with someone besides Chaney to beat her, that's for damn sure.